The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
NOTE: Please turn off cell phones during City Council Meeting
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2018 – 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
Invocation - Father David J. Kozak, Incarnation of Our Lord Roman Catholic Church
Pledge to the Flag.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes – September 4, 2018
3. Public Comment. (on any subject not being voted on this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
4. Public Comment. (on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
5. Old Business.
A. Old Business – Members of Council
B. Tabled Items
C. Unfinished Business
A. Director of Budget and Finance – Recommendation of Award – Charlene Donchez Mowers – World Heritage Designation
B. Director of Water and Sewer Resources – Recommendation of Award – Wexcon - Founders Way
and Biafore Avenue Sanitary Sewer Improvements
C. Director of Budget and Finance – 2018 Pension State Aid
D. Parking Authority Director – Amending Article 531-Parking Generally and Article 533-Parking
Meters – Penalties
E. Director of Community and Economic Development – Recommendation of Award – Republic
Services of New Jersey, LLC – Collection of Recyclables
F. Morning Star Partners – Zoning Text Amendment Petition – Reuse of Corner Commercial Uses
Allowed in the RT and RG Districts
G. Housing & Community Development Planner - FY 2019 CDBG and HOME Programs
A. President of Council
1. Administrative Order – Charles Krenos – Electricians’ Examining Board
2. Administrative Order – Peter John Mayes – Recreation Board
3. Administrative Order – Lynn Fryman Rothman – Civil Service Board
4. Administrative Order – Dr. Christine (Muncy) Haasz – Appropriate Mental Health Services
5. Administrative Order – Kristen Wenrich - Appropriate Mental Health Services
6. Administrative Order – Bryan G. Callahan - Appropriate Mental Health Services
7. Administrative Order – Dr. Joseph B. Lennert – Civil Service Board
8. Administrative Order – Rosalee Sabo – Civil Service Board
8. Ordinances for Final Passage.
9. New Ordinances.
A. Authorizing Records Destruction – Community and Economic Development
B. Authorizing Records Destruction – Fire Department
C. Authorizing Contract - Charlene Donchez Mowers – World Heritage Designation
D. Authorizing Contract - Wexcon - Founders Way and Biafore Avenue Sanitary Sewer
E. Approving Allocations - 2018 Pension State Aid
F. Authorizing Contract – Republican Services of New Jersey, LLC – Collection of Recyclables
G. Certificate of Appropriateness – 520 East Fourth Street
H. Certificate of Appropriateness – 30-32 East Third Street
11. New Business.
Rescheduling First City Council Meeting in November to Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM in Town Hall