The City of Bethlehem uses an independent third party tool to provide automated language translation. As with any machine translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not fully translate text into its intended meaning. Therefore, the City of Bethlehem does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text and it should not be relied upon for anything other than informational purposes. We recommend that if you experience difficulty, or doubt the accuracy of the translation, you contact the proper City of Bethlehem department for the information you seek. Please note that some applications and or services may not work as expected when translated.
NOTE: Please turn off cell phones during City Council Meeting
BETHLEHEM CITY COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2017 – 7:00 PM
TOWN HALL – 10 EAST CHURCH STREET – BETHLEHEM, PA
Invocation - Reverend Dan Miller, Pastor, Edgeboro Moravian Church
Pledge to the Flag.
1. Roll Call
CITATION honoring Jonathan Isaac
2. Approval of Minutes – November 21, 2017
3. Public Comment. (on any subject not being voted on this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
4. Public Comment. (on Ordinances and Resolutions to be voted on this evening – 5 Minute Time Limit)
5. Old Business.
A. Old Business – Members of Council
B. Tabled Items
C. Unfinished Business
A. Director of Human Resources – Recommendation of Award – Preferred EAP
B. Deputy Fire Chief – Fire Safety and Code Enforcement Inspection Fees
C. Chief Housing Inspector – License and Inspection Fee – Short Term Lodging Facilities
D. Director of Water and Sewer Resources – Recommendation of Award – 3B Services, Inc.
E. Director of Water and Sewer Resources - Resolution – PennDOT Water Utility Relocation Reimbursement – Hecktown Road bridge replacement
F. City Solicitor – Records Destruction Resolution – Office of Solicitor
G. Director of Budget and Finance – Recommendation of Award - Portnoff Law Associates
A. President of Council
1. Councilmanic Appointment – Cathy Reuscher – Bethlehem Area Public Library Board
2. Councilmanic Appointment – Emil Signes – Bethlehem Area Public Library Board
1. Administrative Order – Dennis R. Connell – Codes Board of Appeals
2. Administrative Order – A. Flexer Illick – Codes Board of Appeals
3. Administrative Order – Bryan L. Ritter – Codes Board of Appeals
4. Administrative Order – Frank E. Baran – Bethlehem Human Relations Commission
5. Administrative Order – Deirdre Sumpter – Sister City Commission
6. Administrative Order – Sandra Gillen – Fine Arts Commission
7. Administrative Order – Ellen Foscue Johnson – Fine Arts Commission
8. Administrative Order – Dolores Yaschur Sproule – Fine Arts Commission
8. Ordinances for Final Passage.
A. Bill No. 35 – 2017 - Amending Article 1733 – International Property Maintenance Code
B. Bill No. 36 – 2017 – Amending Article 150 – Board of Appeals
C. Bill No. 37 – 2017 – Establishing Article 1741 – Short Term Lodging Facilities
9. New Ordinances.
A. Bill No. 49-2017 – Amending Article 1737 – Fair Housing Ordinance
B. Bill No. 50-2017 – Amending Article 151 – Firemen’s Pension Fund
C. Bill No. 51-2017 – Amending Article 1702 – Fees for the Enforcement of the Pennsylvania
Uniform Construction Code
D. Bill No. 52-2017 – Amending Article 721 – Streets and Sidewalks – Dumpster and Sign Fees
E. Bill No. 53-2017 – Amending Article 907 – Poles and Wires – Utility Pole/GuyWire Fee
F. Bill No. 54-2017 – Amending Article 909 – Sidewalks, Curbs, Gutters and Driveways –
Residential and Commercial Driveway Fees
G. Bill No. 55-2017- Amending Article 921 – Sanitary Sewer Regulations – Residential and
Commercial Connections Fees
H. Bill No. 56-2017 – Amending Article 925 – Stormwater Management Regulations – Residential
and Commercial Storm Sewer Connection Fees
A. Authorizing Contract – Preferred EPA
B. Approving License and Inspection Fee – Short Term Lodging Facilities
C. Authorizing Contract – 3B Services, Inc.
D. Authorizing Resolution - PennDOT Water Utility Relocation Reimbursement
E. Authorizing Contract – Portnoff Law Associates
F. Certificate of Appropriateness – 201 East Third Street
G. Certificate of Appropriateness – 129 East Third Street
H. Certificate of Appropriateness – 333 and 335 South New Street
I. Certificate of Appropriateness – 502 East Fourth Street
J. Certificate of Appropriateness – 323 West Fourth Street
11. New Business.